Course content given by weekly class schedule:
1-3 Invited lectures of primary and secondary school chemistry mentors
4-5 Evaluation of knowledge, abilities and skills (evaluation during course, evaluation of materials and methods, social impact of grades, internal and external evaluation, national exams, state Matura, use and construction of questions, cognitive levels and evaluation, self-assessment)
6 Alternative concepts (identification, work-out, research in education)
7 Social and everyday environment of the teacher (rights and obligations, exams, school control, promotions, weekly obligations, material status, in-service training and seminars, pedagogical standard, evaluation rulebook, approving and selecting textbooks, student competitions, students with special needs, gifted students, EU-integrations, addictions, violence)
8-15 Teaching goals and selected chemical concepts and terms (matter, aggregation, chemical symbolism, chemical equations, physical and chemical change, structure of atoms, chemical bonding, structural diagrams, crystal structure, chemical laws, reactivity, the rate of reaction, chemical equilibrium, reduction potential, classification of chemical reactions, structural characteristics of organic molecules, bio-active molecules, drugs, smoking, alcoholism, drug-addiction).
Methodology: Subjects are presented in various ways (presentations, discussions, experimental work, individual work, invited lectures of in-service teachers). A part of the course is presented by a number of lectures that are organized by student-lecturer team work. Those lectures have to be applicable in primary and secondary school chemistry courses (the psychological age of the pupils have to be respected). Course has its web-portal and include e-learning strategies.
- M. Sikirica: Metodika nastave kemije, Školska knjiga, Zagreb, 2003.
- --: Udžbenici, priručnici za nastavnike, radne bilježnice i zbirke zadataka za osnovne i srednje škole (različiti autori, izdavači i godine izdanja)
- ---: Međunarodni časopisi koji se bave kemijskim obrazovanjem: Education in Chemistry, Journal of Chemical Education, Naturwissenschaften im Unterricht Chemie
- M. Sikirica: Zbirka kemijskih pokusa za osnovnu i srednju školu, Školska knjiga, Zagreb, 2011.
- ---: DOPUNSKA LITERATURA: 1. Udžbenici PREDMETA prethodnika 2. Različiti interni nastavni materijali