1. Macroscopic characteristics of crystals. 2. Basics of crystal symmetry. 3. Crystal struture of metals, alloys, solid solutions, intermetalic compounds and amorphous materials. 4. Ionic bond (ionic radius, crystal lattice energy). Types of ionic structures. 5. Molecular crystals (bond types and lattice energy). 6. Theory of metals and semiconductors, superconductivity. 7. Electrical, magnetic and optical properties of matter. 8. Phase transition. 9. Basics of preparative solid state chemistry. 10. Diffraction on single crystal. 11. Diffraction on polycristaline material. 12. Basics of crystal structure determination. 13. Conformation analysis of the solved crystal and molecular structure. 14. Structure / function relationship. 15. Overview of data basis and scientific literature.
1. To define symmetry operations, Bravais lattices, crystal systems, point and space groups.
2. To explain the main types of chemical bonds.
3. To describe the general methods of crystal structure determination.
4. To explain the intermolecular interactions in molecular crystals.
5. To explain structure-property relationship.
6. To describe the search of data basis and scientific literature.