History of sequence stratigraphy, Principles of sequence stratigraphy, Methods in sequence stratigraphy (field, geophysical, correlation), Location and sea level changes, Architecture of deposits (sequences, parasequences, depositional systems, shelf and estuarine sandstones), Boundaries in sequence stratigraphy (sequence base (SB), regressive marine erosion surface (RSME), flooding surface (FS), transgressive surface (TS), ravinement: tidal, wave (TRAV, WRAV), maximum flooding surface (MFS)), organization of parasequences, tracts of depositional systems (lowstand tract (LST), transgressive tract (TST), highstand tract (HAST), falling sea level tract (FSST), shelf edge tract (SMST)), Accommodation space, River and shelf equilibrium profile, Paleontology in sequence stratigraphy, Deposition control mechanisms of carbonates (organic and inorganic carbonate production, "flushing" of carbonates, platform sinking, platform uplift), Carbonate depositional environments (slopes, platforms, classification of platforms and facies belts on carbonate platforms), Sequence-stratigraphic models (on carbonate ramps, on edged carbonate shelves, on isolated platforms, on carbonate platforms with steep edges), Carbonate cyclicity, Parasequences on carbonate platforms, Influence of relative sea level change on carbonate diagenesis.
Familiarity with the concept of dividing depositional sequences into genetic packages, depositional sequences, separated from each other by discordances and their correlative concordances for the purpose of determining their chronostratigraphic framework important both for spatial correlations and for stratigraphic predictions.
- Emery, D & Myers, K.J.: Sequence Stratigraphy
- Miall A.D.: The Geology of Stratigraphic Sequences
- Posamentier H.W., Summerhayes C.P., Haq B.U. & Allen G.P.: Sequence Stratigraphy and Facies Associations
- Tucker, M. E.: Carbonate diagenesis and sequence stratigraphy
- Van Wagoner, J.C., Jones, C.R., Taylor, D.R., Nummedal, D., Janette, D.C. & Riley, G.W.: Sequence Stratigraphy Applications to Shelf Sandstone Reservoirs. Outcrop and Subsurface Examples
- Van Wagoner J.C., Mitchum R.M., Campion K.M. & Rahmanian V.D.: Siliciclastic Sequence Stratigraphy in Well Logs, Cores, and Outcrops: Concepts for High-Resolution of Time and Facies
- Walker R.G. & James N.P.: Facies Models: Response to sea-level change
- Wilgus C.K., Hastings B.S., Ross C.A., Posamentier H., Wagoner J.V. & Kendall Ch.G.St.C.: Sea-level changes: An integrated approach