|Public phone number:||+385 1 4606 415|
|Internal phone number:||6415|
|Department:||Division of Organic Chemistry|
|Employed in this institution since:||2017|
university integrated undergraduate and graduate
Education: at Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: MChem (2010); PhD (Organic chemistry, 2015).
Affiliation and current position: Division of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Assistant Professor (2017-).
Previous positions: Laboratory for Chemstry of Solid state and Chemistry of complex Compounds, Division of Material Chemistry, Ruđer Bošković Institute (2010-2011); Chirallica Ltd. (2011); Laboratory for Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Division of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ruđer Bošković Institute: research associate (2011-2012), research assistant (2012-2015), senior research assistant (2015-2017).
Visits to foreign research and education institutions: postdoc (2018-2019) at The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), group of prof. Pengfei Wang
Research interest: organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, physical-organic chemistry, photochemistry
Scientific papers: co-author of 19 scientific papers in journals indexed in Current Contents database and 2 scientific papers in other journals. Participated in 24 scientific meetings (14 poster communications and 7 lectures).
Awards and recognitions and memberships:
Participation in teaching: external associate (from 2012.), Assistant Professor (from 2017.)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
6. P. Wang, Đ. Škalamera, X. Sui, P. Zhang, S. M. Michalek, Synthesis and Evaluation of QS-17/18-Based Immunostimulant Vaccine Adjuvants, J. Med. Chem. 62 (2019) 1669-1676.
5. P. Wang, Đ. Škalamera, X. Sui, P. Zhang, S. M. Michalek, Synthesis and Evaluation of QS-7-Based Vaccine Adjuvants, ACS Infect. Dis. 5 (2019) 974-981.
4. Đ. Škalamera, I. Antol, K. Mlinarić-Majerski, H. Vančik, D. L. Phillips, J. Ma, N. Basarić, Ultrafast Adiabatic Photodehydration of o-hydroxymethylphenol and Formation of Quinone Methide, Chem. Eur. J. 24 (2018) 9426-9435.
3. Đ. Škalamera, V. Blažek Bregović, I. Antol, C. Bohne, N. Basarić, Hydroxymethylaniline photocages for carboxylic acids and alcohols, J. Org. Chem. 82 (2017) 12554-12568.
2. Đ. Škalamera, K. Mlinarić-Majerski, I. Martin Kleiner, M. Kralj, J. Oake, P. Wan, C. Bohne, N. Basarić, Photochemical formation of anthracene quinone methide derivatives, J. Org. Chem. 82 (2017) 6006-6021.
1. L. Cao, Đ. Škalamera, P. Y. Zavalij, P. Lhotak, K. Mlinarić-Majerski, R. Glaser, L. Isaacs, Influence of Hydrophobic Residue on the Binding of CB Toward Diammonium ions of Common Ammonium•••Ammonium Distance, Org. Biomol. Chem. 13 (2015) 6249-6254.
Croatian Chemical Society (from 2009)
2016.-2017. "Synthesis and photochemistry of aniline derivatives as potential photocages", HAZU Foundation
Researcher on projects:
2018-2019 "Development of Structurally Defined QS-17/18-Based Vacinne Adjuvants” i “Development of Structurally Defined Synthetic Vaccine Adjuvants”, National Institute of Health (NIH), SAD, project leader: prof. dr. Pengfei Wang, University of Alabama at Birmingham
2017-2019 "Synthesis, Structural Analysis and Biological Evaluation of Peptidomimetics and Glycoconjugates", Croatian Science Foundation, project leader: prof. dr. sc. S. Tomić-Pisarović
2015-2019 "Supramolecular control of photoeliminations, SupraPhotoE", Croatian Science Foundation, project leader: dr. sc. Nikola Basarić
2015. associate-consultant on commercial project „The synthesis of carboxyphenyl derivative dimers of SEM and AHD“, Tecna S.r.I Area Science Park Trst, Italija, project leader at IRB: dr. sc. Tatjana Šumanovac Ramljak
2011. - 2013. „Photochemistry of polycyclic molecules: From mechanistic studies to new drugs and medicinal applications“, Croatian Science Foundation, project leader: dr. sc. Nikola Basarić
2010. - 2011. "Organometallic and inorganic bioconjugates as potential enantioselective catalysts", UKF project, project leader: dr. sc. Srećko Kirin