COURSE GOALS: Acquire the knowledge necessary for successful organization, implementation and (self) evaluation of teaching and acquire skills for the practical application of that knowledge and lifelong learning
LEARNING OUTCOMES AT THE LEVEL OF THE PROGRAMME:
1. KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
1.8. integrate physics and technology content knowledge with knowledge of pedagogy, psychology, didactics and teaching methods courses
2. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
2.8. create a learning environment that encourages active engagement in learning and promotes continuing development of pupils' skills and knowledge
2.9. plan and design appropriate teaching lessons and learning activities based on curriculum goals and principles of interactive enquiry-based teaching
2.10. plan and design efficient and appropriate assessment strategies and methods to evaluate and ensure the continuous development of pupils
3. MAKING JUDGMENTS
3.2. develop clear and measurable learning outcomes and objectives in teaching based on curriculum goals
3.3. reflect on and evaluate their own practice of teaching
3.4. accept responsibilities in planning and managing teaching duties
3.5. demonstrate professional integrity and ethical behavior in work with pupils and colleagues
4. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
4.1. communicate effectively with pupils and colleagues
4.2. present complex ideas clearly and concisely.
5. LEARNING SKILLS
5.1. search for and use professional literature as well as any other sources of relevant information
5.2. remain informed of new developments and methods in education
5.3. develop a personal sense of responsibility for their professional advancement and development
LEARNING OUTCOMES SPECIFIC FOR THE COURSE:
1. Knowledge and understanding of the relevant components of the curriculum and its development in the context of the school and the national curriculum;
2. Competence in the use of various teaching and learning strategies;
3. Ability to design, creation and implementation of various strategies for monitoring and evaluation of processes and learning outcomes;
4. Competences related to the achievement of the educational role of the teacher.
* Introduction to didactics - development of didactic thought;
* Definition, subject and scope of didactics;
* Basic concepts: education, education process, education system in the Republic of Croatia;
* Contents of education in teaching;
* Curriculum; curriculum theory;
* The organization and structure of the teaching process;
* Social forms in educational process;
* Teaching methods;
* Instructional strategies;
* Substantive technical aspect of teaching;
* Cognitive and psychological aspect of teaching;
* Media in education;
* Alternative approaches to teaching;
* Communication in education;
* Successful classroom management and cooperation with parents;
* Planning of educational work;
* Evaluation of educational results; self-evaluation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
* regular attendance (at least 70%),
* taking notes and participation in class,
* home works (at least 7 out of 10),
* self-study and preparation for exam.
GRADING AND ASSESSING THE WORK OF STUDENTS:
Grading and assessing the work of students during the semesters:
* one preliminary exam
* home works
Grading at the end of semester:
* final written and oral exam
Contributions to the final grade:
* Students with less than 10% of absences, 9 home works and preliminary exam will be released from the final written exam.
- Cindrić, M., Miljković, D., Strugar, D. (2010.). Didaktika i kurikulum. Zagreb: IEP-D2
- Meyer, H. (2002). Didaktika razredne kvake. Zagreb: Educa.
- Poljak, V. (1980). Didaktika. Zagreb: Školska knjiga.
- Vizek Vidović,V., Rijavec, M., Vlahović Štetić,V., Miljković, D. (2014). Psihologija obrazovanja (poglavlja 5, 6 (str. 357-410), 7 i 8). Zagreb: IEP-Vern.
- Jensen, E. (2003). Super nastava. Zagreb: Educa.
- Kyriacou, C. (1995). Temeljna nastavna umijeća. Zagreb: Educa.
- Rijavec, M., Miljković, D. (2004). Vodič za preživljavanje u školi. Zagreb: IEP-D2.
- Rijavec, M., Miljković, D. (2010). Pozitivna disciplina u razredu. Zagreb: IEP-D2.