COURSE GOALS: The course is designed as a structured sequence of practical exercises. The number of lectures is minimized in favor of students' practical, individual or group activities. The study group gathers periodically to perform consultative activities or seminars, and for reporting the milestone achievements in the specific course tasks. E-learning is implemented through the local Claroline system with the purpose of mastering the basic terminology of computer networks. For experimental purposes, the course employs a special practicum, which contains thirty computers with 12 simultaneous positions (jobs). The practicum provides a practical and working environment whilst covering issues of basic computer architecture, operating systems exercises, wired and wireless workouts of networking computers. In addition, numerous software tasks like installing and testing software or computer services are also present. The aim of the course is to establish uniform computer knowledge of future computer science teachers so that they can organize practice in computer labs while also understanding of advanced functions of networked computers. Teamwork and collaboration in problem solving tasks, as well as the skills of verbal and computer communication are especially appreciated.
LEARNING OUTCOMES AT THE LEVEL OF THE PROGRAMME:
1. KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
1.4. demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of basic concepts in information and communication technology
2. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
2.8. create a learning environment that encourages active engagement in learning and promotes continuing development of pupils' skills and knowledge
3. MAKING JUDGMENTS
3.4. accept responsibilities in planning and managing teaching duties
4. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
4.4. use the written and oral English language communication skills that are essential for pursuing a career in physics and education
5. LEARNING SKILLS
5.1. search for and use professional literature as well as any other sources of relevant information
5.3. develop a personal sense of responsibility for their professional advancement and development
LEARNING OUTCOMES SPECIFIC FOR THE COURSE:
1. understanding the basic techniques of computer networking,
2. understanding the basic elements of operating systems,
3. accepting networked computer as a medium for solving educational tasks,
4. learning practical usage of the English and Croatian computer terminology.
Themes by working weeks:
1) Network: concepts of small (home), local and global networks
2) The physical setting of computer networks: cable networks, wireless networks, satellite technology
3) Network protocols, levels and standards of the ISO OSI (Open System Interconnection) scheme
4) Network protocols, standards and levels of TCP / IP scheme
5) Internet and UDP (User Datagram Protocol) protocol
6) Data communication: interfaces
7) Data communication: the correction of errors
8) Network services
9) Network applications
10) Multimedia network services
11) Safety aspects of networking
12) Encrypt contents
13) Identification of the computer networks digital signature
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
Attendance, collection of minimum 60% determination on colloquia tasks (objective type test), seminar and presentation related to laboratory practice (written documentation of laboratory task).
GRADING AND ASSESSING THE WORK OF STUDENTS:
The basics components of the final grade are:
a) Cumulative score on organized colloquia related to the lectures and e-learning (typically 4 tests).
b) Seminar (presentation and content quality).
c) Practical skills in mastering lab task. Collaboration and communication during the semester.
All data are evaluated and activity monitored through Claroline system.
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum: Computer Networks, Prentice Hall PTR, 4. izdanje, ISBN 0-13- 038488-7
Nap. Valjana su i prethodna izdanja ali novija sadrže implementaciju bežičnih veza
- Literatura koja se koristi prilikom instalacije i održavanja operativnih sustava baziranih na i386 procesorima (Internet, instalacijski CD, priručnici)