COURSE GOALS: To acquire detailed experimental understanding of the basic circuits based on discrete solid state elements, and to get acquainted with selected specific measurement instruments.
LEARNING OUTCOMES AT THE LEVEL OF THE PROGRAMME:
2. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
2.6 perform experiments independently using standard techniques, as well as to describe, analyze and critically evaluate experimental data
4. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
4.2 present one's own research or literature search results to professional as well as to lay audiences
5. LEARNING SKILLS
5.3 carry out research by undertaking a PhD
LEARNING OUTCOMES SPECIFIC FOR THE COURSE:
By finishing this course, student will:
1. be able to use instrumentation related to electronics (signal generators, oscilloscopes, power supplies)
2. be able to assemble circuits such as amplifiers, followers, simple oscillators, and various simple opamp circuits
3. compare the results with the expectations from theory
4. present the results in the form of a complete report
During one semester, students will perform eight laboratory exercises:
1. RC amplifier and follower
2. Multistage amplifier, and amplifier with and feedback
3. CR and RC integrator and differentiator; low-pass and high-pass filters (passive elements)
4. Discrete logical circuits
5. Time base circuit with tiratron
6. DC power supplies
7. Oscillators, modulation and demodulation
8. Opamap (inverted and non-inverted); integrator and differentiator; low-pass and high-pass filters (with opamp)
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
Basic competence in electronics circuits.
GRADING AND ASSESSING THE WORK OF STUDENTS:
Students are graded for each exercise. The grade is formed from the written exam (20%), their understanding of the physical background of the studied phenomena (40%) and the final report (40%). The final grade is based on the average grade of all exercises and final written exam.
- H.M.Jones, A Practical Introduction to Electronic Circuits, Cambridge University Press, 1987.
P. Biljanović, Elektronički sklopovi, Školska knjiga, Zagreb 1989.
Tiskana uputstva za praktikum (samo za internu upotrebu).