1. To apply acquired knowledge about levels of biological diversity and their assessment and the use of those in nature protection.
2. To organize protection and management of biological resources in nature using legal regulations in nature protection in Croatia.
3. Organization of monitoring and nature protection in protected areas with respect to specificity of an area.
4. To analyse impact of urban and rural areas as well as of human activity on natural resources.
5. To recommend protection measures for certain animal groups
6. To use IUCN classification in assessment of extinction risk for certain taxa.
7. To discuss main features and problems in protection of national parks and nature parks in Croatia
8. To compare different levels of protection in Croatia
9. To explain the importance of ecological network and Natura species in terms of nature protection and in impact assessment
10. To discuss the share of certain groups among protected species with respect to their ecological importance and current level of knowledge
1. Definition of proteted area, management in protected areas, basic strategic dociments in nature protection in Croatia, categires of protected areas in Croatia, procedure in proclamation of protected area
2. General overview of protected areas and other protected nature objects in Croatia, Krka National Park.
3. Paklenica National Park, Risnjak National Park , Northern Velebit National Park, Plitvička jezera National Park , Kornati National Park,
4. Brijuni National Park, Velebit Nature Park, Biokovo Nature Park , Telašćica Nature Park, Vransko jezero Nature Park , Učka Nature Park
5. Lastovsko otočje Nature Park , Žumberak-Samoborsko gorje Nature Park , Medvednica Nature Park, Lonjsko polje Nature Park
6. Papuk Nature Park, Kopački rit Nature Park, general fetures of croatian flora,threat categories according to IUCN, protected speacies and habitats
7. Fragmentacion of habitats, metapopulation theory, analysis of viability
8. Global causes of threats for fishes, birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians
9. Level of endangerment for certain groups of vertebrates in Croatia
10. Diversity of invertebrates on global scale and in Croatia
11. Impediments and lack of informations in assessments of invertebrate diversity, level of knowledge of terrestrial, freshwater, subterranean and marine invertebrate fauna in Croatia
12. Protected invertebrate species in Croatia
13. Assessment of threat, red lists and red books
14. Endemicity of Croatian fauna, hot spots of biodiversity, national classification of habitats, endangered and rare habitat types in Croatia
15. State of nature in Croatia, ecological network, importance of Natura species
- Radović et al (ur.) 2009. Biološka raznolikost Hrvatske. DZZP, Ministarstvo kulture RH, Zagreb
- Hawksworth, D. L. (ur.) 1995. Biodiversity: Measurement and Estimation. Chapman & Hall, London
- Charles J.Krebs (1999 ). Ecological methodology. Addison Wesley Longman
- Nikolić, T., J. Topić (ur.). 2005. Crvena knjiga vaskularne flore Hrvatske. Ministarstvo kulture i DZZP, Zagreb