Course Didactics should enable students to acquire theoretical knowledge and skills in teaching and learning, i.e. competences:
- for coping with concrete school and teaching situations in an easier manner;
- for understanding subject curriculum and its development in the context of school and national curriculum;
- for organising and conducting teaching activities within the subject they get educated for;
- for choosing and using efficient teaching strategies, methods and procedures;
- for communicating and cooperating with parents and the local community;
- for designing and developing teaching curriculum.
Introduction into didactics: term definition, founders, tasks; (1)
Historical development of didactical thought in the world and in Croatia (1)
Didactical theories; Didactics and other sciences; Basic terms in didactics: teaching, education, training, upbringing, educational process, socialisation, schooling, non-formal education, self-education, learning, experiential learning. (2)
Analysis of the previous (in) efficiency of education (esp. teaching and learning) and considerations on the vision and conditions of better education (conditions: psychological, pedagogical, programme-organisational, didactical-methodical, social). (1)
Theory of curriculum (historical approach; term definition; curricular plan; system theory and curriculum; theoretical concept of school as a starting point of curriculum design; curriculum based on preparation and application levels); Concepts of curriculum: humanistic, functional, closed, open... (2)
Segments of curriculum:
- determination of educational needs - situational analysis; aims (outcomes) of curriculum - key competences of learners; (1)
- selection and sequence of teaching contents; (1)
- conditions required for conducting the activities based on curriculum and for organising teaching activities - (teaching methods and strategies - basic information) (1)
- assessment of learner achievements and curriculum; development of curriculum; sequence of designing school and teaching curriculum. (1)
CLASSES - TEACHIGN AND LEARNING
Factors (learner, teacher, teaching contents, educational technology...) (2)
Communication in classes. (2)
Planning and programming; teaching tasks ( material, functional, educational); Didactical principles (2)
Micro-structural components (aspects) of teaching/learning: material-technical, psychological, conceptual, methodical (teaching methods). (3)
Macro components of teaching and learning: preparation and introduction; contents reception and considerations; revision; exercises; evaluation (monitoring, evaluating, grading). (3)
Organisational forms of teaching (individual activities, peer activities; group activities; teacher-centred activities). (1)
Strategies (systems) of teaching and learning (problem solving, heuristic approach, programmed classes, project classes, cooperative classes, team classes, classes with mentors...) (2)
- Cindrić, M., Miljković, D. i Strugar, V. (2010) Didaktika i kurikulum. Zagreb: IEP-D2.
- Poljak, V. (1991) Didaktika. Zagreb: Školska knjiga (dijelovi)
- Tot, D. (2013). Kultura samovrednovanja škole i učitelja. Zagreb: Učiteljski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu (dijelovi)
- Bognar, L. i Matijević, M. (2002). Didaktika. Zagreb: Školska knjiga
- Meyer, H. (2002.). Didaktika razredne kvake. Zagreb: Educa.
- Rijavec, M., Miljković, D. (2004.). Vodič za preživljavanje u školi. Zagreb: IEP-D2.
- Rijavec, M., Miljković, D. (2010.). Pozitivna disciplina u razredu. Zagreb: IEP-D2.
- Vizek Vidović,V., Rijavec, M., Vlahović Štetić,V., Miljković, D. (2003.). Psihologija obrazovanja (poglavlja 5, 6 (str. 325-377), 7 i 8). Zagreb: IEP-Vern'.
- Kyriacou, C. (2001) Temeljna nastavna umijeća. zagreb: Educa.