Introduce students to the largest group of organisms on Earth, which is very suitable for clarifying many important and significant phenomena when we talk about life, its origin, evolution and diversity.
1. Revision of knowledge about insects that students have learned during the study,
2. The basic features of insects: the morphological, physiological, genetically,
3. Insects, organisms all around us: the reasons and explanations,
4. Knowledge about insects through history,
5. Biodiversity of insects,
6.Insects and energy, insects and sexuality,
7.Insects and space, insects and migrations, insects as invasive species,
8. Movement of insects, habitats, evolution
9. Insects in art, science, modern research, medicine,
10.Insects and plants: a special relationship of "friendship" and "hostility"
11.Importance of insects in the world: the benefits and "damage"
12. Insects in the school as a model to study and work with students
- Matoničkin, I., Klobučar, G. & Kučinić, M. 2010: Opća zoologija. Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Školska knjiga, 468 str.
- Habdija, I., Primc Habdija, B., Radanović, I., Vidaković, J., Kučinić, M., Špoljar, M.,Matoničkin, R. & Miliša, M., 2004: Protista-Protozoa i Metazoa-Invertebrata. Funkcionalna građa i praktikum. Samobor : Meridijani, 396 str.
- Matoničkin, I., Habdija I. & Primc Habdija, B. 1999: Beskralješnjaci; Biologija viših Avertebrata, Školska knjiga, 610 str.
- Kučinić, M., Mihoci, I. & Delić, A., 2014: Leptiri oko nas. Školska knjiga, Zagreb, 184 str.