* Load is given in academic hour (1 academic hour = 45 minutes)
1. The adoption of the term and the importance of climazonal vegetation.
2. Knowing the difference between climazonal and anthropogenic vegetation.
3. The introduction with abiotic and biotic factors which influence the development of plant cover.
4. Evaluation of plant cover as an indicator of environmental conditions.
5. Understanding the spatial distribution of the vegetation of Croatia.
1. The term and the importance of knowledge about plant cover.
2. Autecology. ecology of stress.
3. Abiotic factors (light, water, temperature).
4. Abiotic factors (climate, soil acidity).
5. Abiotic factors ( heavy metals, Ice, fire).
6. Biotic factors (diseases, herbivores, micorrhizae, competition).
7. Strategies of survival (CSR) and lifeforms of plants.
8. Invasive species.
9. Sinecology. Studies of vegetation through history and types of classification.
10. Vegetation dynamics, successions.
11. Methods in the studies of vegetation, sampling.
12. The importance of vegetation: in landscape ecology, in the context of bioindication.
13. The overview of the vegetation of Croatia 1.
14. The overview of the vegetation of Croatia 2.
15. The overview of the vegetation of Croatia 3.
1. Soil sampling.
2. Comparison of methods for measuring light.
3. Measuring of soil retention capacity for water (kv) and present water int he soil (tv).
4. Measuring specific soil weight (stp).
5. Measuring of volume specific soil weight (stv).
6. Estimating soil porosity (p).
7. Estimating soil air capacity (kz).
8. Measuring soil acidity.
9. Estimating soil puffer capacity.
10. Estimating soil texture.
11. Measuring SOM.
13. Measuring of transpiration (tr).
14. Estimation of Ellenberg's values, lifeform spectra and CSR of different vegetation types.
15. Comparison of calculated Ellenberg's values, lifeform spectra and CSR of different vegetation types.
Journal club and essays.
- Gračanin, M., Ilijanić, Lj., 1977: Uvod u ekologiju bilja. Školska knjiga, Zagreb
- Gurevitch, Scheiner, Fox, 2006. The Ecology of Plants. Sinauer Ass. ISBN 0-87893-294-1
- Schulze, Beck, Müller-Hohenstein, 2005: Plant Ecology. Springer, ISBN 3-540-20833-X