* Load is given in academic hour (1 academic hour = 45 minutes)
1. Understanding the genetics, anatomical and physiological variability of organisms based on knowledge of basic structural features of living organisms.
2. Knowledge and understanding of the plants and animals biogeography as a result of geological changes.
3. Understanding the ecological interactions as change drivers in the diversity and distribution of organisms.
4. Basic ability to combine theory and practice to complete tasks in which the knowledge of biology is important for the interpretation in the geology.
5. The ability to integrate field findings (i.e.skeletons, fossils) with the theoretical principles of systematic through observation, recognition and synthesis.
6. Ability to work effectively as an individual and team work in the preparation and presentation of seminars and research results.
1. Main features of living organisms. Research microscopic structure of living organisms.
2-3. Main evolutionary drivers.
4-7. The variety of cell and molecular structure of the cells. The basic metabolic processes. Biodiversity of organisms: prokaryotes, eukaryotes.
8-13. Functional characteristics and systematics of protozoans, algae, fungi, plants and animals with regard to their role in the past and recent ecosystems.
14. The main ecological factors and rules. Recent ecological problems.
15. Biogeography of organisms with respect to the geological and ecological changes.
1-2. Work on the microscope and microscopic preparations. Structure of plant and animal cells.
3-4. Mitosis and meiosis, microscopy preparation and tasks. Functional structure of protists.
4-6. Functional anatomy of moss, ferns and spermatophytes.
7-8. Functional anatomy of cnidarians and mollusks.
9-10. Functional anatomy of arthropods and echinoderms.
11-12. Skeletal formation in vertebrates (vertebrae, teeth)
13-15. Comparative anatomy of the vertebrate skeleton .
Field course: Ossuary of Veterinary Faculty.
- Campbell, N.A., J.B. Reece, L.G. Mitchell (1999): Biology (5th edition), Addison Wesley Longman Inc., New York
- Špoljar; M. (2014): Osnove biologije, PMF. Prezentacije predavanja i praktikuma dostupne na web stranicama Biološkog odsjeka.
- Kardong, K.V. (2015): Vertebrates Comparative Anatomy, Function, Evolution. McGraw-Hill International edition.
- Izbor iz bioloških on-line udžbenika.
- Levine, R. P. 1971. GENETIKA Školska knjiga, Zagreb.