* Load is given in academic hour (1 academic hour = 45 minutes)
Improving knowledge in microbiology and molecular biology by focusing on selected high-impacted topics in virology.
Improving interactive knowledge by reducing ex-cathedra teaching and by provoking students' efforts in searching for scientific data.
Developing capacities for critical reading, extracting and processing of scientific informations by introducing students in preparing their own presentation and a short assay on a topic of choice, according to the particular student's interest.
1. Nobel Prize awarded discoveries in virology
2. Marine viruses - major players in the global ecosystem
3. Viruses possessing divided genome - a strategy to match the molecular principles of eukaryotic cell
4. Molecular biology methods in detectin and identification of viruses and subviral agents
5. Viral vectors in gene therapy and vaccination
6. Endogenous viruses
7. Viruses in genetic engineering
8. Small non-coding, infective RNAs
9. Prions and prion diseases
10. Viruses and human diseases
11. Reverse transcription - universal biological feture discovered on retroviruses
12. Virus vaccines, interferon and antiviral chemotherapeutics
13. Taxonomy of viruses, emerging viruses
14. Mutations and other evolutionary mechanisms of viruses - examples of slow and fast evolving viruses
15. The role of viruses in DNA emerging and development of nucleoid and nucleus
Optional among lecture topics listed above, according to student's preferences
- Različiti udžbenici iz virologije, originalni i revijalni znanstveni članci, prilozi na internetu
- Various course books, original scintific articles and reviews, data available on web-sights