Achievement of competences which are necessary for 1) field study of karst, 2) study of water dynamics in karst, 3) protection of waters in karst, 4) successfully interpret evolution of karst regions, individual karst phenomena in particular.
1. Introduction, types of karst, karst theories;
2. karstification, solution of limestone, precipitation of carbonates;
3. morphogenesis of karst features, surface features, underground features;
4. water in karst, watertable, chemistry of karst waters, springs and sinks, rivers in karst;
5. geotechnical issues in karst, motorways, railroads, hydroenergetic systems, ground instabilities;
6. sediments in karst, stream sediments, tufa, lacustrine sediments, cave and cavern sediments;
7. dating of karst features, methods, prospects and limitations.