* Load is given in academic hour (1 academic hour = 45 minutes)
The course aims at training students to create their own multimedia web pages and presentations. This is achieved through the gradual development of the final work project - an interactive lecture in physics for primary schools. Through the course, students perform and record demonstration experiments, capture and edit photos, sounds and movies, made drawings and animations, and design their own website. Through this creative process they also acquire experiences in physics teaching methods.
LEARNING OUTCOMES AT THE LEVEL OF THE PROGRAMME:
1. KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
1.1. demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamental laws of classical and modern physics
1.7. describe the latest developments in digital technology and their possible application in teaching;
1.8. demonstrate knowledge and understanding of new insights into contemporary physics and informatics teaching methods and strategies;
2. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
2.1. identify and describe important aspects of a particular physical phenomenon or problem;
2.4. prepare and perform classroom physics experiments and interpret the results of observation;
2.9. create a learning environment that encourages active engagement in learning and promotes continuing development of pupils' skills and knowledge;
2.10. plan and design appropriate teaching lessons and learning activities based on curriculum goals and principles of interactive enquiry-based teaching;
3. MAKING JUDGMENTS
3.3. reflect on and evaluate their own practice of teaching;
4. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
4.1. communicate effectively with pupils and colleagues;
4.2. present complex ideas clearly and concisely
5. LEARNING SKILLS
5.1. search for and use professional literature as well as any other sources of relevant information;
LEARNING OUTCOMES SPECIFIC FOR THE COURSE:
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
* Make drawings and diagrams
* Process and graphically display data
* Create interactive quizzes
* Create animations
* Use a digital camera and image editing software
* Use software to create and modify audio files
* Record and edit movies by adding sounds, narration and subtitles
* Create presentations with multimedia content
* Create and post their own website with multimedia content
* Present topic in physics in a comprehensive and interesting way
1. Introduction to multimedia.
2. Fundamentals of HTML.
3. Methods of making web pages. The advanced features of HTML.
4. Pictures and graphs in a web document. Web albums.
5. Tools for drawing pictures.
6. Data analysis and graphical presentation.
7. Tools to create interactive quizzes.
8. Introduction to the MS PowerPoint. Animations.
9. Digital Photography. Using a digital camera.
10. Digitization of sound. Editing multimedia content for web sites and presentations.
11. Digital Video. Video transmission through Internet.
12. Multimedia elements in presentation of physics demonstrations.
13. Teaching method elements in physics lecture.
14. Multimedia elements in physics lecture.
15. Presentations and corrections of the students' final work projects.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
Students are required to attend at least 50% of lectures and 80% of exercises. They are also required to submit all home assignments which are available online and to submit the final work project.
GRADING AND ASSESSING THE WORK OF STUDENTS:
Grading the work of students during the semester:
Exercises ....................................20% of the grade
Home assignments ....................30% of the grade
Grading at the end of semester:
Final work project.......................35% of the grade
Presentation of the final work......5% of the grade
Exam............................................10% of the grade
Assessment criterion is as follows:
50-62% of the grade.......sufficient (2)
63-75% of the grade .............good (3)
76-88% of the grade...... very good (4)
89-100% of the grade......excellent (5)
- Skripta za predavanja
- D. Petrić, Naučite HTML i oblikujte sami efektne WWW stranice, Znak, Zagreb, 1997.
Word processing and spread sheets