Course content will be adjusted each year according to current research issues in the scientific community. A typical program will consist of several topics that will be taught by professors / researchers who are working on these selected problems. Lectures will include basic concepts, some selected models and methods, and a review of experimental knowledge in this field.
LIST OF POSSIBLE TOPIC:
- High temperature superconductors
- Physics of thermoelectric materials
- Graphene and other materials/molecules based on carbon
- Physics of biological substances and physics of soft matter
- Strongly correlated systems (Hubbard model, Kondo and periodic Kondo systems, heavy fermions, ...)
- Surface physics
- Advanced methods of density functional theory (DFT)
- Nanoscopic and mesoscopic physics, theoretical modeling of devices
- Magnetism (frustrated systems, nano magnets, ...)
- Disordered materials
- Topological insulators
Literature will depend on the selected topics and primarily will contain important articles that cover the area.