prof. dr. sc.
|Title: || Full Professor|
|Public phone number:||4605663|
|Internal phone number:||5663|
|Personal web page:||
Theoretical Physics Department
|mr.sc. graduation year:||1998|
|PhD graduation year:||1999|
|Employed in this institution since:||1993|
university integrated undergraduate and graduate
Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of select publications
- M. Novak, B. Polak, J. Simunić, Z. Boban, B. Kuzmić, A. Thomae, I.M. Tolić, N. Pavin. The mitotic spindle is chiral due to torques within microtubule bundles. Nat. Commun. 9, 3571 (2018).
- J. Kajtez, A. Solomatina, M. Novak, B. Polak, K. Vukušić, J. Rudiger, G. Cojoc, A. Milas, I. Šumanovac Šestak, P. Risteski, F. Tavano, A.H. Klemm, E. Roscioli, J. Welburn, D. Cimini, M. Glunčić, N. Pavin, I.M. Tolić. Overlap microtubules link sister k-fibers and balance the forces on bioriented kinetochores. Nat. Commun. 7, 10298 (2016).
- M. Glunčić, N. Maghelli, A. Krull, V. Krstić, D. Ramunno-Johnson, N. Pavin, and I.M. Tolić. Kinesin-8 Motors Improve Nuclear Centering by Promoting Microtubule Catastrophe. Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 078103 (2015).
- V. Ananthanarayanan, M. Schattat, S.K. Vogel, A. Krull, N. Pavin, I.M. Tolić-Norrelykke. Dynein motion switches from diffusive to directed upon cortical anchoring. Cell 153, 1526-1536 (2013).
- I. Kalinina, A. Nandi, P. Delivani, M Chacón, A. Klemm, D. Ramunno-Johnson, A. Krull, B. Lindner, N. Pavin, I.M. Tolić-Norrelykke. Pivoting of microtubules around the spindle pole accelerates kinetochore capture. Nat. Cell Biol. 15, 82-87 (2013).
List of select projects
- 2020 – 2026: ERC Synergy Grant with Iva Tolić (Ruđer Bošković Institute), Geert Kops (Hubrecht Institute – KNAW, Netherlands) and Angelika Amon (MIT, USA). Topic: Molecular origins of aneuploidies in healthy and diseased human tissues (Aneuploidy). Total amount granted: 10,000,000 EUR.
- 2020 – 2024: Grant from the Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ) with Iva Tolić (Ruđer Bošković Institute). Topic: Balance of forces and torques in the mitotic spindle. Total amount granted: 1,000,000 HRK.
- 2017 – 2022: Croatian Government and European Union through the European Regional Development Fund - the Competitiveness and Cohesion Operational Programme: Scientific Center of Excellence for Quantum and Complex Systems, and Representations of Lie Algebras. Amount: in total 36.956.624,09 HRK, 4.703.690,05 HRK for Element 4
- 2013 – 2019: Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia; Associate Professor
- 2007 – 2011: Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany; Guest scientist with Prof. Dr. Frank Julicher
- 2001 – 2013: Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia; Assistant Professor
- 1993 – 2001: Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia; Teaching Assistant