COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES: The program enables students to develop knowledge and skills needed to communicate effectively in school environment, to understand the principles of effective communication and the ways to apply them, and to constructively resolve communication conflicts.
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND SYLLABUS:
1. Types and Forms of Communication; (what is communication, communication motives, verbal
2. and non-verbal communication, interpersonal and intrapersonal communication, small-group, median-group and large-group communication) (2+2)
3. Communication in Organizations; (communication schemes, organizational climate, formal and informal/non-formal communication, horizontal and vertical communication, rumours as means of communication) (1+1)
4. Communication in the Classroom (students, first impressions, message congruity, attention distracters, non-verbal communication (2+2)
5. Speed reading - basic principals (1+1)
6. Listening skills in teaching profession (1+1)
7. Assertiveness; (definition, specific techniques for assertive behaviour, the causes of (non)-assertiveness, assertive vs. aggressive behaviour, I and You Messages) (2+2)
8. Praise and Criticism in education (1+1)
9. Conflict Communications; (the causes of conflict, overcoming conflicts) (2+2)
10. How to cope with difficult students / parents (1+1)
11. Stress and communication - Communication Fears (overcoming communication fears) (2+2)
- Miljković, D., Rijavec, M.: Kako rješavati konflikte?
- Miljković, D., Rijavec, M.: Kako se zauzeti za sebe?
- Miljković, D., Rijavec, M.: Komuniciranje u organizaciji
- Miljković, D., Rijavec, M.: Razgovori sa zrcalom-peto izdanje
- Rosenberg, M.: Nonviolent Communication - A Language of Life