izv. prof. dr. sc.
|Title: || Associate Professor|
|Public phone number:||5781|
|Official web page URL:||
Zavod za numeričku matematiku i znanstveno računanje
|mr.sc. graduation year:||2001|
|PhD graduation year:||2006|
Consulting time for the school year 2020/21 in the winter semester is :
- online: Tueday 10.00 - 12.00 by e-course, e-mail, and Zoom meeting - during the lectures.
- contact: by appointment - during the lectures
- by appointment - during the exams.
Link to Zoom meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7521137210?pwd=Z1JLT3pLNlVwdzdRZXFSdXdhR1p3dz09
Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of select publications
- N. Bosner, Parallel reduction of four matrices to condensed form for a generalized matrix eigenvalue algorithm, Numerical Algorithms, vol. 86 (1), 2021, pp. 153 - 178.
- N. Bosner, Z. Bujanović, Z. Drmač, Parallel solver for shifted systems in a hybrid CPU-GPU framework, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 40 (4), 2018, pp. C605 - C633.
- N. Bosner, L. Karlsson, Parallel and heterogeneous m-Hessenberg-triangular-triangular reduction, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 39 (1), 2017, pp. C29 - C47.
- N. Bosner, Efficient algorithm for simultaneous reduction to the m-Hessenberg-triangular-triangular form, BIT Numerical Mathematics, vol. 55 (3), 2015, pp. 677 – 703.
- N. Bosner, Balancing three matrices in control theory, Mathematical Communications, vol. 19 (3), 2014, pp. 497 – 516.
- N. Bosner, Z. Bujanović, Z. Drmač, Efficient Generalized Hessenberg Form and Applications, ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 39 (3), 2013, pp. 19:1 - 19:19.
- N. Bosner, Z. Drmač, Subspace Gap Residuals for Rayleigh-Ritz Approximations, SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 31 (1), 2009, pp. 54 – 67.
- N. Bosner, Increasing efficiency of inverse iteration, Annali dell'Universita di Ferrara, vol 54 (2), 2008, pp. 203 – 216.
- N. Bosner, J. L. Barlow, Block and parallel versions of one-sided bidiagonalization, SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 29 (3), 2007, pp. 927 – 953.
- J. L. Barlow, N. Bosner, Z. Drmač, A new stable bidiagonal reduction algorithm, Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 397, 2005, pp. 35 – 84.
- N. Bosner, Z. Drmač, On accuracy properties of one-sided bidiagonalization algorithm and its applications, u Proceedings of the Conference on Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing, Z. Drmač, M. Marušić, Z. Tutek, editori, Springer, Dordrecht, 2005, pp. 141 – 150.
- N. Bosner, Numerical stability of Krylov subspace iterative methods for solving linear systems, u Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing, Z. Drmač, V. Hari, L. Sopta, Z. Tutek, K. Veselić, editori, Kluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers, New York, 2003, pp. 209 – 217.
- Doctoral thesis : Fast Methods for Large Scale Singular Value Decomposition, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, 2006.
- Master thesis : Iterative methods for solving linear systems, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, 2001 (in Croatian)
Professional interest: numerical linear algebra and scientific computing
- iterative methods for solving linear systems
- numerical analysis
- methods for large scale singular value and eigenvalue problems
- high performance computing (parallel algorithms, GPU)
- solving matrix problems in control theory
- efficient simultaneous factorization of multiple matrices
Member of the Croatian Mathematical Society.
List of select projects
Randomized low rank approximations and applications to parameter dependent problems IP-2019-04-6268
- February 1998. - November 2007: junior researcher
- 1998. - 2006.: teaching assistant
- 2006. - 2007.: higher teaching assistant
- November 2007. - today: assistant professor
Hobbies and interests
Memeber of Speleological Section of Mountaineering Society "Željezničar"