Title: Assistant Professor
university integrated undergraduate and graduate
Education: at Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: MChem (2010); PhD (Organic chemistry, 2015).
Affiliation and current position: Division of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Assistant Professor (2017-).
Previous positions: Laboratory for Chemstry of Solid state and Chemistry of complex Compounds, Division of Material Chemistry, Ruđer Bošković Institute (2010-2011); Chirallica Ltd. (2011); Laboratory for Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Division of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ruđer Bošković Institute: research associate (2011-2012), research assistant (2012-2015), senior research assistant (2015-2017).
Visits to foreign research and education institutions: postdoc (2018-2019) at The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), group of prof. Pengfei Wang
Research interest: organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, physical-organic chemistry, photochemistry
Scientific papers: co-author of 19 scientific papers in journals indexed in Current Contents database and 2 scientific papers in other journals. Participated in 24 scientific meetings (14 poster communications and 7 lectures).
Awards and recognitions and memberships:
Participation in teaching: external associate (from 2012.), Assistant Professor (from 2017.)
6. P. Wang, Đ. Škalamera, X. Sui, P. Zhang, S. M. Michalek, Synthesis and Evaluation of QS-17/18-Based Immunostimulant Vaccine Adjuvants, J. Med. Chem. 62 (2019) 1669-1676.
5. P. Wang, Đ. Škalamera, X. Sui, P. Zhang, S. M. Michalek, Synthesis and Evaluation of QS-7-Based Vaccine Adjuvants, ACS Infect. Dis. 5 (2019) 974-981.
4. Đ. Škalamera, I. Antol, K. Mlinarić-Majerski, H. Vančik, D. L. Phillips, J. Ma, N. Basarić, Ultrafast Adiabatic Photodehydration of o-hydroxymethylphenol and Formation of Quinone Methide, Chem. Eur. J. 24 (2018) 9426-9435.
3. Đ. Škalamera, V. Blažek Bregović, I. Antol, C. Bohne, N. Basarić, Hydroxymethylaniline photocages for carboxylic acids and alcohols, J. Org. Chem. 82 (2017) 12554-12568.
2. Đ. Škalamera, K. Mlinarić-Majerski, I. Martin Kleiner, M. Kralj, J. Oake, P. Wan, C. Bohne, N. Basarić, Photochemical formation of anthracene quinone methide derivatives, J. Org. Chem. 82 (2017) 6006-6021.
1. L. Cao, Đ. Škalamera, P. Y. Zavalij, P. Lhotak, K. Mlinarić-Majerski, R. Glaser, L. Isaacs, Influence of Hydrophobic Residue on the Binding of CB Toward Diammonium ions of Common Ammonium•••Ammonium Distance, Org. Biomol. Chem. 13 (2015) 6249-6254.
Croatian Chemical Society (from 2009)
2016.-2017. "Synthesis and photochemistry of aniline derivatives as potential photocages", HAZU Foundation
Researcher on projects:
2018-2019 "Development of Structurally Defined QS-17/18-Based Vacinne Adjuvants” i “Development of Structurally Defined Synthetic Vaccine Adjuvants”, National Institute of Health (NIH), SAD, project leader: prof. dr. Pengfei Wang, University of Alabama at Birmingham
2017-2019 "Synthesis, Structural Analysis and Biological Evaluation of Peptidomimetics and Glycoconjugates", Croatian Science Foundation, project leader: prof. dr. sc. S. Tomić-Pisarović
2015-2019 "Supramolecular control of photoeliminations, SupraPhotoE", Croatian Science Foundation, project leader: dr. sc. Nikola Basarić
2015. associate-consultant on commercial project „The synthesis of carboxyphenyl derivative dimers of SEM and AHD“, Tecna S.r.I Area Science Park Trst, Italija, project leader at IRB: dr. sc. Tatjana Šumanovac Ramljak
2011. - 2013. „Photochemistry of polycyclic molecules: From mechanistic studies to new drugs and medicinal applications“, Croatian Science Foundation, project leader: dr. sc. Nikola Basarić
2010. - 2011. "Organometallic and inorganic bioconjugates as potential enantioselective catalysts", UKF project, project leader: dr. sc. Srećko Kirin