Analysis and evaluation of the development potentials and limitations of the Zagreb urban agglomeration
Doc. dr. sc. Vedran Prelogović
Associate prof. dr. sc. Aleksandar Lukić
|Collaborators||Prof. dr. sc. Nenad Buzjak
Associate prof. dr. sc. Neven Bočić
Assistant prof. dr. sc. Ivan Čanjevac
Prof. dr. sc. Vuk Tvrtko Opačić
Dr. sc. Ivan Šulc
Assistant prof. dr. sc. Ivan Zupanc
|Duration||1. 10. 2017 - 15. 2. 2018|
The study was created for the needs of:
- more detailed knowledge of development resources and processes,
- exploration of potentials and limitations in the suburban and rural areas of the Zagreb Agglomeration (UAZ).
- Researching the interrelations between the suburban and rural area and the urban area and formulating proposals for improving the situation and for the needs of sustainable development of the UAZ, i.e. the Development Strategy of the Urban Agglomeration of Zagreb as its basic document;
- Development of local development strategies and other sectoral development documents;
- development of new and / or amendments to spatial plans;
- for other purposes.
The study covers the territory of UAZ organized for more efficient planning, coordination and implementation of regional development policy. The territorial coverage consists of 30 local self-government units (11 cities and 19 municipalities) in 3 counties (City of Zagreb, Zagreb and Krapina-Zagorje counties) with the City of Zagreb, which has the status of a unit of local (City) and regional self-government (County), as the center. The total area of UAZ is 2,911.3 km2 with a population of 1,086,528 according to the 2011 census.
The study used a similar methodology as in the study Analysis and Assessment of Development Potentials and Constraints of the Suburban and Rural Area of the City of Zagreb in order to present the results of the analysis and assessment of development potentials and constraints of the entire urban area of Zagreb and to propose possible activities and measures to improve the situation.
- Analiza i vrednovanje razvojnih potencijala i ograničenja područja Urbane aglomeracije Zagreb, Elaborat, Naručitelj: Grad Zagreb, Gradski ured za strategijsko planiranje i razvoj Grada.
- Buzjak, N. (2019): The Zagreb Landscape: Landscape as a driver for strategic plannnig, 8th LE NOTRE: Landscape Forum Zagreb 2019., organizator: Agronomski fakultet, Zavod za ukrasno bilje, krajobraznu arhitekturu i vrtnu umjetnost, Zagreb, 9. - 13. 4. 2019. (usmeno izlaganje – pozvano predavanje).
- Prelogović, V., Zupanc, I. (2019): Analiza i vrednovanje razvojnih potencijala i ograničenja urbane aglomeracije Zagreb (UAZ), 7. hrvatski geografski kongres, organizator: Hrvatsko geografsko društvo, Čakovec, 9. - 11.10. 2019. (usmeno izlaganje).
- Prelogović, V., Zupanc, I. (2018): Suburbanization in central European urban agglomeration – the case of Zagreb, 2018 Quebec - IGC - International Geographical Congress of IGU, organizator: University Laval and Canadian Association of Geographers, Quebec City, 6. - 10. 8. 2018. (usmeno izlaganje).