doc. dr. sc.
|Title: || Assistant Professor|
|Public phone number:||4605675|
Theoretical Physics Department
|PhD graduation year:||2017|
integrated undergraduate and graduate
List of select publications
- A. L. Brkić, D. Mitrović, and A. Novak, On the image inpainting problem from the viewpoint of a nonlocal Cahn-Hilliard type equation, Journal of Advanced Research (2020).
- D. Mitrović, A. Novak, T. Uzunović, Averaged Control for Fractional ODEs and Fractional Diffusion Equations, Journal of Function Spaces, (2018).
- D. Mitrović, A. Novak, Transport-collapse scheme for heterogeneous scalar conservation laws, Journal of Hyperbolic Differential Equations (2018), 119-132.
- D. Mitrović, A. Novak, Transport-collapse scheme for scalar conservation laws -- initial and boundary value problems, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, Vol 15. (2017).
- A. Novak, J. Šušić, On a Regularity of Biharmonic Approximations to a Nonlinear Degenerate Elliptic PDE, Filomat 31.7 (2017).
- M. Marohnić, D. Mitrović, A. Novak, On a front evolution in porous media with a source -- analysis and numerics, Bull Braz Math Soc, New Series 47(2), 521-532, (2016).
- D. Mitrović, M. Mišur, A. Novak, On the Dirichlet-Neumann boundary problem for scalar conservation laws, Mathematical Modelling and Analysis Volume 21, 2016, 685-698.
- D. Mitrović, A. Novak, Two phase nonturbulent flow with applications, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 439704.
List of select projects
- 2019. – Research Associate "Vanishing capillarity on smooth manifolds", FWF Austrija, PI: D. Mitrović.
- 2019. – Research Associate "Applied mathematical analysis tools for modeling of biophysical phenomena", bilateral project Croatia – Serbia, PI: D. Horvatić/S. Konjik.
- 2018. – Research Associate "Microlocal defect tools in partial differential equations"; HRZZ, PI: N. Antonić;
- 2015 – 2016. Research Associate "Multiscale methods and calculus of variations"; bilateral project Croatia – Montenegro, MZOS/MPCG; PI: N. Antonić / D. Kalaj;
- 1.1.2015. – 31.8.2015. Research Associate "Algorithms for genome sequence analysis"; HRZZ, PI: M. Šikić;
- 2013 – 2014. Research Associate "Transport in very heterogeneous media", bilateral project Croatia – Montenegro, MZOS/MPCG; PI: M. Lazar / D. Mitrović.
Hobbies and interests
Thesis & Dissertation
- Doctoral dissertation: "Mathematical models of flow in porous and mixed media" University of Zagreb, Faculty of Science (2017), supervisors: Prof.dr.sc. Darko Mitrović, prof.dr. Sc. Mladen Jurak.
- Graduate thesis: "Mathematical model of piano string", University of Zagreb, Faculty of Science (2011). supervisor: prof. dr. sc. Eduard Marusic-Paloka;
Academic and professional interest
Most of my current scientific interests and activities are in the field of natural sciences, mathematics, a) applied mathematics and mathematical modeling, b) numerical mathematics, which includes the modeling of physical phenomena, development and analysis of the models that describe them, together with the algorithmic strategies (i.e. solutions). Previous research by content can be categorized into three thematic units:
1) Partial Differential Equations and Mathematical Modeling;
(2) Numerical solution of partial differential equations;
(3) Algorithms for data analysis (signal and digital images) and their applications in bioinformatics and biomedicine.
- Advantages of the Fractional Models in Dealing with Real World Problems, Istanbul, Turska, 8.-12. October 2018.;
- School on Mathematical and Numerical Modelling for Wave Dynamics, Indonesia, ITB Bandung, 1.-10. June 2016.;
- UIMP, Frontiers of Mathematics and Applications, Santander, 20. - 24. July 2015.;
- DAAD, Linear Optimal Control of Dynamic Systems, Osijek, 23. - 30. September 2013.;
- DAAD, Microlocal Analysis, Wave Fronts and Propagation of Singularities, Novi Sad, 16. - 22. September 2013.;
- DAAD, Robotics and Mathematics, Ohrid, 12. - 18. August 2012.;
- DAAD, Numerical optimization and Applications, Novi Sad, 28. - 2. June 2012.;
- DAAD, Measure theoretic tools in partial differential equations . H-measures and compensated compactness, St.Stefan, 4. - 11. October 2009.
Lecturer in charge (2020-current): Introduction to Computer Science, Programming in C, Data structures and algorithms, Computational neuroscience (please send me an email if you are interested in this subject).
Lecturer in charge (2017&2018): Introduction to Computing, Programming in C, Data structures and algorithms, Text and spreadsheet processing, Methods of teaching informatics.
Recitation (2011-2017): Mathematical analysis 1, Mathematical analysis 2, Linear algebra, Numerical mathematics, Mathematics 3E, Mathematics 4, Applied Mathematics and Biometrics, Logic, sets and discrete mathematics.