|Public phone number:||+385 1 4606 377|
|Internal phone number:||6377|
|Department:||Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry|
|PhD graduation year:||2016|
|Employed in this institution since:||2011|
integrated undergraduate and graduate
Education at Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Diploma thesis (Biology and Chemistry, 2009); Doctoral thesis (in Chemistry, 2016).
Affiliation and current position: Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Postdoctoral researcher (2016–).
Visits to foreign research and education institutions: 2013 - 2014 PRIN 2010-2011 “Unraveling structural and functional determinants behind Helicobacter pylori pathogenesis and persistence”, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua. 2012 – PhD fellowship Croatian Science Foundation "Structural studies on the [NiFe]hydrogenase maturation system from Helicobacter pylori”, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua.
Research interest: Molecular cloning, protein expression and purification (affinity chromatography, size-exclusion chromatography), biophysical methods for protein characterization (UV-Vis spectroscopy and fluorimetry, CD, DLS), protein crystallization, protein X-ray crystallography and small molecule X-ray crystallography (http://dmc.chem.pmf.hr).
Scientific papers: co-author of 11 scientific papers, 1 review paper and 1 data in brief paper.
Awards and recognitions and memberships: 2009 - Medal by the Department of Chemistry University of Zagreb for outstanding achievements throughout the studies, From 2011 - Member of the Croatian Chemical Society and the Croatian Crystallographic Association.
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
1. S. Matić, I. Kekez, M. Tomin, F. Bogár, F. Šupljika, S. Kazazić, M. Hanić, S. Jha, H. Brkić, B. Bourgeois, M. Tobias, K. Gruber, P. Macheroux, D. Matković-Čalogović, M. Matovina, S. Tomić. Binding of dipeptidyl peptidase III to the oxidative stress cell sensor Kelch-like ECH-associated protein 1 is a two-step process. J. Biomol. Struct. Dyn. (2020)
2. P. Linciano, M. Vicario, I. Kekez, P. Bellio, G. Celenza, I. Martín-Blecua, J. Blázquez, L. Cendron, D. Tondi. Phenyl boronic acids probing molecular recognition against class A and class C β-lactamases. Antibiotics. 8 (4) (2019), 171.
3. M. Kekez, V. Zanki, I. Kekez, J. Baranašić, V. Hodnik, A.-M. Duchêne, G. Anderluh, I. Gruić Sovulj, D. Matković-Čalogović, I. Weygand- Đurašević, J. Rokov Plavec. Arabidopsis seryl-tRNA synthetase: the first crystal structure and novel protein interactor of plant aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase. FEBS J., 286 (3) (2019) 536-554.
4. V. Loconte, I. Kekez, D. Matković-Čalogović, G. Zanotti. Structural characterization of FlgE2 protein from Helicobacter pylori hook. FEBS J., 284 (24) (2017) 4328-4342.
5. I. Pulić, L. Cendron, M. Salamina, P. Polverino de Laureto, D. Matković-Čalogović, G. Zanotti. Crystal structure of truncated FlgD from the human pathogen Helicobacter pylori. J. Struct. Biol. 194 (2) (2016) 147-155.
Croatian Science Foundation Republic of Croatia project: “Biological relevance of dipeptidyl peptidase III and its impact on human health", HRZZ- IP-2018-01-2936 (2019-2023);
Croatian Science Foundation Republic of Croatia project: “Essential metal ions in H. pylori proteins and model complexes- structure and function/property” HRZZ-IP-2014-09-4274 (2015-2019);
Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts project: "Crystallization and structural investigation of human insuline derivative and HP1026 protein from the Helicobacter pylori bacterium" (2016-2017);
PRIN 2010-2011, Republic of Italy project: “Unraveling structural and functional determinants behind Helicobacter pylori pathogenesis and persistence” (2013-2014);
Croatian Science Foundation, Republic of Croatia project: "Structural studies on the [NiFe]hydrogenase maturation system from Helicobacter pylori” (2012);
Ministry of Science, Republic of Croatia project: “Structural studies on biological macromolecules by X-ray diffraction” (2011-2013).