1. SOLVOTHERMAL AND MECHANOCHEMICAL SYNTHESIS
1.1. Preparation of azidepicolinamidocopper(II), in solution and by mechanochemical pathway
1.2. Preparation of bis(picolinamidato)copper(II) dihydrate, , solvothermally
2. PREPARATION OF TARGETED ORGANIC LIGANDS
2.1. Prepartion of trans-cinnamon acid
2.2. Preparation of acetylsalicyl acid
2.3. Preparation of N-benzoyl glycine
I. Preparation of calcium complex with N-benzoyl glycine
II. Preparation of zinc complex with N-benzoyl glycine
III. Preparation of vanadium(IV) complex with N-benzoyl glycine
IV. Preparation of aqua(1,10-phenantroline-N,N')(malonate-O,O')copper(II) monohydrate,
3. EXTRACTION AND DETERMINATION OF POLYPHENOL CONTENT IN THE REAL SAMPLE BY HPLC TECHNIQUE
4. ATOMIC EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY WITH INDUCTIVELY COUPLED PLASMA
5. METAL COMPLEXES BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY INVESTIGATION
6. DISSOCIATION EQUILIBRIUM OF WEAK ACID
7. EXPERIMENTAL DETERMINATION OF EQUILIBRIUM DISSOCIATION CONSTANT OF CINNAMON ACID
8. FINAL EXERCISE
Expected competences to be acquired:
Students will be able:
- to perform more complex methods for synthesis of particular inorganic compound
- to independently plan the synthesis depending of the reaction conditions or desired compound property (apparatus selection and take care of all safety precautions that ought to be done)
- to find the optimal conditions for performing the reaction and efficient isolation of the product, its purification and identification
- to use most of the available instruments for characterizing of the compound regarding its physical and chemical properties and critically discuss obtained results
- to determine biological activity of the synthesized compounds
- to introduce new ideas clearly and concise
- to obtain high quality data of analysis
- use English language in communication, in literature
On the basis of achieved fundamental knowledge student will be able to suggest the mini-projects for teaching chemistry by discovering as backbone of their future work with pupils in the schools.
- Z. Popović, I. Juranović Cindrić, R. Ribić, J. Rokov-Plavec, T. Preočanin, N. Bregović, Viši praktikum kemije, Skripta za internu upotrebu, PMF, Zagreb, 2014.
W. G. Palmer,Experimental Inorganic Chemistry, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1954.
3. G. G. Schlessinger, Inorganic Laboratory Preparations, Chemical Publishing Company, Inc., New York, 1962.
4. G. Marr, B. W. Rockett, Practical Inorganic Chemistry, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, London, 1972.
5. G. s. Girolami, T. B. Rauchfuss, R. J. Angelici, Synthesis and Technique in Inorganic Chemistry, 3rd Ed., University Science Books, Sausalito, CA, 1999.
6. Inorganic Experiments, Ed. D. J. Woollins, VCH, Weinheim, 1994.
7. J. Šušković, B. Kos, Mikrobiolooške metode za određivanje antibiotičke aktivnosti, u Metode u molekularnoj biologiji ur. A. Ambriović Ristov, Institut Ruđer Bošković, 2007.
8. P. Atkins i J. de Paula, Physical Chemistry, 8th Ed., Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2007.
9. A. I. Vogel, A Text-book of Practical Organic Chemistry, 5th. Ed., Longman, London, 1989.