|Public phone number:||+385 1 4606 232|
|Internal phone number:||6232|
|Personal web page:||http://gruic.chem.pmf.unizg.hr/people/professors/#rokov|
|Official web page URL:||http://www.pmf.unizg.hr/chem/jasmina.rokov_plavec|
|Department:||Division of Biochemistry|
integrated undergraduate and graduate
Education at Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Diploma thesis (Molecular Biology, 1994); Master thesis (Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, 1998); Doctoral thesis (Biology, 2004).
Affiliation and current position: Division of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Assistant Professor (2008 –).
Previous positions: Senior Assistant (2005 -2008); Assistant (1995 – 2005), Division of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb.
Teaching: Lectures in Biochemistry, Biochemistry 1, Biochemistry 2 (for students of biology and chemistry), Biochemistry 2 (for molecular biology students), Genetic and protein engineering (for students of chemistry)
Visits to foreign research and education institutions: Central European Institute of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic, duration: two weeks in 2019; Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Yale University, USA, duration: two months in 1998; Institut de Biologie Moléculaire des Plantes du CNRS, Strasbourg, France, duration: two months in 2006
Research interest: I’m interested in structure, function and evolution of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases with emphasis on plant seryl-tRNA synthetases (SerRS). I study intracellular localization of proteins, role of plant SerRS in cellular stress response and identification and characterization of SerRS protein interactors.
Scientific papers: Author of 15 original scientific papers, 2 professional papers, 2 chapters in the university textbook, 1 laboratory manual.
Mentoring: 1 PhD student, 10 Master students, 29 BSc students
Awards, recognitions and memberships: Rector's award of the University of Zagreb for the year 1993. Member of the Croatian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (since 1997). Member of the executive board of Croatian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2013-2021). Co-leader of "Young investigators", section of Croatian Natural History Society in 1997/1998; 2018 - 2020 head of the Division of Biochemistry
Participation in research projects:
1. Functional and structural characterization of protein complexes of plant aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase, Foundation of Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 2018-2019
2. Interplay of protein biosynthesis and steroid hormone metabolism in plants, Foundation of Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 2016-2017
3. Role of plant aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase in cellular stress response, Foundation of Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 2014-2015
Co-leader of work package:
INTEGRA-LIFE, FP7-REGPOT, PI: Gordan Lauc, 2013-2016
1. Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases as gatekeepers of the genetic code, Croatian Science Foundation, PI: Ita Gruić Sovulj, 2017-2020
2. COST Action CA15126 Between Atom and Cell: Integrating Molecular Biophysics Approaches for Biology and Healthcare (MOBIEU), PI: Patrick England, 2016-2020
3. Non-canonical roles of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, Croatian Science Foundation, PIs: Ivana Weygand-Đurašević and Ita Gruić Sovulj, 2013-2016
4. Structural diversity of seryl-tRNA synthetases and accuracy of protein synthesis, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia, PI: Ivana Weygand-Đurašević, 2007- 2014
5. Macromolecular complexes of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and their role in translational quality control and non-ribosomal peptide synthesis, UKF, PI: Ivana Weygand-Đurašević, 2007-2010
6. Quality control mechanisms in seryl-tRNA biosynthesis, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia, PI: Ivana Weygand-Đurašević, 2002-2007
7. Structure, function and evolution of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia, PI: Ivana Weygand-Đurašević, 1996-2002
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.